Improve your sleep apnea care this summer. Sleep apnea refers to the sleep disorder where your air passageways become restricted or blocked while you sleep. With central sleep apnea, signals from your brain to your chest instructing breathing mechanisms to take place are not received. With obstructive sleep apnea, your air passageway is obstructed.
Listed below are some normal risk factors for sleep apnea:
– Irregular ailments that can raise your risk for sleep apnea include an enlarged tongue or tonsils, a deviated septum, nasal blockages, a small jaw, and throat obstructions.
– Males over the age of 40 have a higher chance of having sleep apnea.
– Common allergies and sinus issues can also enhance your likelihood of sleep apnea.
– If left untreated, sleep apnea can raise your risks for high blood pressure, diabetes, depression, heart attack, stroke, and even death.
– Genetics play a heavy role in many oral health problems, including sleep apnea.
No matter which options for the sleep apnea treatments you need, Dr. Debra Craig and our team at Harmony Family Dental will ensure that you get the care and quality your smile requires. If you would like to come visit us at our dentist office in Spokane, Washington, please schedule an appointment at 509-467-1562. Come in today to learn all about the joys of optimum oral health!